Terms of Service
- The terms and conditions outlined below govern the continued use of Chipmunk Tel services. It is the subscriber’s responsibility to check periodically for updates to these terms of service.
- The account owner is responsible for on-time payment of any and all account charges. The account owner also assumes all liability for charges other parties with access to the account may incur, such as but not limited to directory assistance calls, International calling, and any other pay-per-use or high cost calls.
- If Chipmunk Tel suspects fraudulent, abusive or illegal use of your service, Chipmunk Tel may, among other things, suspend, restrict or terminate your service without advance notice. If feasible given the circumstances, Chipmunk Tel may first attempt to contact the subscriber to rectify the situation before impacting service.
- Chipmunk Tel will not increase monthly subscription prices for existing accounts without at least 60 days notice.
- Chipmunk Tel aligns it’s billing cycle with the 3rd day of the calendar month. The subscriber’s second invoice will be pro-rated accordingly to make this adjustment based on the first day of service.
- Unless otherwise specified in a separate written agreement, Chipmunk Tel service is month-to-month and the subscriber may cancel at any time. Cancellations are effective on the last day of the calendar month in which cancellation notice was received by Chipmunk Tel. Chipmunk Tel requires at least one working day to process the cancellation.
- Chipmunk Tel is not liable for any losses incurred directly or indirectly from the use of it’s services. Several factors such as but not limited to power outages, Internet outages, and equipment failures in facilities not managed by Chipmunk Tel can impact the availability of service. While Chipmunk Tel will act in a timely manner to resolve any network problems caused by it’s own facilities, there are other factors beyond it’s control that prevent Chipmunk Tel from being able to offer a 100% uptime guarantee.
- Emergency calling is different with Voice over IP technology. Traditionally, dialing 911 anywhere within the United States and Canada from a business or residential landline routes your call to a local Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) dispatcher who is trained to aid you in emergency situations by dispatching emergency medical, fire and law enforcement agencies to your location. The dispatcher is instantly provided with your physical address information. Chipmunk Tel 911 Service differs from traditional 911 services due to limitations brought on by VOIP technology. It is nearly impossible to detect where a call originates from when placed over the internet. e911 allows users to associate physical addresses with their phone numbers, allowing them to have service similar to traditional 911. When an emergency (911) call is placed over our Chipmunk Tel network, the physical address you will enter at the time of e911 registration for a specific phone number will be passed along to your local PSAP providing the dispatcher with the exact location help is required. Use of our 911 Service costs a recovery setup fee of $10.00 on activation and a regulatory recovery fee of $2.99 per phone number activated per month. You are not required to enable this feature. However, you will not be able to dial 911 from your Chipmunk Tel account unless you have activated this service. It is important for subscribers to review their 911 address information and keep it up to date in the event of a move or when travelling. It is important to understand that 911 calling with Chipmunk Tel may not work during a power outage, Internet outage, or if service has been suspended for any reason such as non-payment of account. Subscriber indemnifies Chipmunk Tel from any loses, claims, or other financial burden due in part or in whole due to the unavailable of 911 service at any time. Subscriber grants Chipmunk Tel the authority to record or monitor any 9-1-1 call to ensure calls are being routed correctly and quickly. Under no circumstances will such recordings ever be released to third parties that are not involved in the delivery of 9-1-1 call routing.
- Chipmunk Tel can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Last updated: July 2015